Here are a few things that caught our eyes this week.
* Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid! What colors are you bringing into your life next year?
* This beautiful cake by Linda Lomelino of Call me Cupcake! might just have to appear on our holiday table. Soft gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting and sugared cranberries—swoon!
* Kids in 2013 weren’t afraid to dream big.
* Ready to take your gingerbread houses and math skills to the next level? Try building a Geodesic Gingerbread House, courtesy of The Buckminster Fuller Institute.
* Our very own Imen McDonnell of Farmette is featured by Food & Wine this week. Hurrah!…and why yes, I’d love to try those potato and parsnip latkes!
* Smitten Kitchen had me at “one of those Danish butter cookie tins“. The pretzel-shaped ones were my favorite!
* What sorts of handmade gifts are you making this year? Perhaps you can go even simpler…while making a deeper impression.